Briefing on Proposed 2023 Milwaukee County Department Budget Requests as Submitted to the County Executive
Please join us for the August Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday, August 16th, from 3 – 5 PM via Zoom. This meeting will feature our annual Milwaukee County budget briefing. Special guest County Executive David Crowley will provide opening remarks, Director Joe Lamers will provide an overview of the budget process, and department leadership will share an overview of proposed budget and address questions. This meeting is co-sponsored by the Make It Work Milwaukee Coalition.
To request the Zoom link, complete the form below.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks:
- Mental Health Task Force Co-chairs Mary Neubauer & Christine Apple
- Make It Work Milwaukee Coalition – Barbara Beckert
- Opening Remarks about the 2023 Milwaukee County Budget:
- Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley
- Budget and Budget Process – Joe Lamers, Director, Office of Strategy, Budget and Performance
- Milwaukee County Transit System – Tim Hosch, Chief Financial Officer, Milwaukee County Transit System
- Milwaukee County Health & Human Services including Aging & Disability Services; Behavioral Health; Children, Youth & Families; Housing; & Veterans Services
- David Muhammad, Deputy Director, Department of Health & Human Services
- Matt Fortman, CFO
- Clare O’Brien, Policy and Budget Director
- Milwaukee County House of Correction, Chantell Jewell, Superintendent
- Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office, Denita R. Ball, Chief Deputy
- Wrap up, Call to Action and Next Steps – Coalition Leadership
Save the Date
Mental Health Task Force September meeting
Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 3 – 5 via Zoom
- Speakers will include Jennifer Bergersen, MSW, CAPSW, Chief Executive Officer, Granite Hills Hospital.
- The Wisconsin Department of Health Services will provide a briefing about the new 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline was recently launched nationwide.
Our meetings are open to all. ASL interpreters will be available at the July meeting. To request other disability accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will do our best to respond to all requests.
To request a meeting link, complete the form below.