Join us at the March Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday March 9th from 3 – 5 PM. We are pleased to welcome Wisconsin Medicaid Director Jim Jones, who will provide an update on recent Medicaid initiatives, as well a state budget update. Following Director Jones, we will have a special briefing on the 2021 – 2023 biennial budget, including opportunities for advocacy.
- Opening Remarks and Welcome, MHTF co-chairs Mary Neubauer & Christine Apple: 3:00 – 3:05 PM
- Medicaid and Budget updates, Jim Jones Wisconsin Medicaid Director: 3:05 – 3:45 PM
Medicaid updates will include Medicaid suspension instead of termination for people who are incarcerated, residential substance use disorder treatment for people, telehealth, and housing supports.
- Legal Aid Society and ACLU-WI invitation to provide feedback on community and co-provider perception of care and continuity of care provided to individuals with mental illness who have recently experienced (2019 – 2021) incarceration in the Milwaukee County Jail and Milwaukee County House of Correction, Attorney Pete Koneazny, Legal Aid Society, 3:45 – 3:50
- Briefing on Biennial Budget, Barbara Beckert and Phyllis Greenberger, Disability Rights Wisconsin: 3:50 – 5 PM
This is one of a series of briefings provided by Disability Rights Wisconsin, The Arc Wisconsin, and Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities. The briefing will cover policy priorities for the Mental Health Task Force: the Department of Health Services including mental health services, Corrections and Youth Justice, K-12 education, transportation, supports for people experiencing housing insecurity, voting rights, and more.
- ASL Interpreters will be available. If you use an ASL interpreter or have other disability related accommodation needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be responsive to your needs.
- Meeting materials will be posted on this page as they become available prior to the meeting.