The Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force will be meeting on November 10th from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
Meeting Agenda (pdf)
Meeting Summary and Materials
- We are very fortunate to welcome as our speakers Otis Winstead, Executive Director of Great Lakes Dry Hootch, and Mark Flower, Peer Mentor, Veterans Peer Respite. Otis and Mark will speak to us about their work, resources for veterans, and guidance on how to support veterans in manner that is trauma informed and respectful. Reminder that Veterans Day is November 11th.
- Supported Employment. People who live with a mental illness have a high rate of unemployment. Our speakers will update us on the options for supported employment offered by Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division.
- Beth Andrea Lohmann |Integrated Services Coordinator, Employment Services | Individual Placement and Support
- Keith Schroeder, IPS Supervisor from Goodwill
- Darrel Lofton, IPS Employment Specialist from Easterseals
Presentation: Work is Recovery 2020
Video: Shawn’s Story With the help of Goodwill, Shawn landed his dream job at Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport.
- MHTF 2020 Forum on Housing: Opportunities, Rights and Resources: Debrief and discuss next steps.
- Mental Health Board Update: Mary Neubauer, MHTF co-chair and rep on the Milwaukee County Mental Health Board
- Election Results for State Legislature, and other Policy Updates, Barbara Beckert, MHTF Coordinator
- Election Results
- Policy Updates
Mental Health: Resources for Veterans and Military Families
- Mental Health America of Wisconsin: Resources for Veterans & Military Families
- MHA Warmline for Veterans and Military Families Now Open
- Callers will call the Warmline at 262-336-9540 and leave a message with their name, county, military connection, and a call back number. Calls will be promptly returned by Veteran Peer Support Specialists to provide person-centered, strengths-based support and advise callers on appropriate referrals
- Dryhootch – Peer Support by Veterans for Veterans
- Milwaukee VA Medical Center
- Giving Voice to depression: 160-Veterans, Mental Health and 2020
- MHTF Membership drive: A reminder that we welcome and need your support for our annual membership drive. Your support is vital to the work of the Task Force. Thanks to those who have already responded. Click here for Mental Health Task Force membership materials.
- Save the Date: Intersection of Race and Mental Health WISE Coalition Meeting on November 17th, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- ASL Interpreters will be available. If you use an ASL interpreter or have other disability related accommodation needs, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be responsive to your needs.
- Meeting materials will be posted on the here prior to the meeting.