The Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force held our annual Briefing on Proposed 2020 Milwaukee County Department Budget Requests on August 13 at IndependenceFirst. Budget briefing materials are posted here for your reference. The budget funds many important services for people with mental illness and other disabilities, and for older adults, and families. We encourage you to get involved.
Our thanks to our speakers at the briefing: County Executive Chris Abele, Budget Director Joe Lamers, MCTS President Daniel Boehm, Department of Health and Human Services Interim Fiscal Administrator Matt Fortman, and DHHS Deputy Director David Muhammad, House of Corrections Superintendent Michael Hafemann, Theodore Chisholm – Chief of Staff for Sheriff Lucas, and Department on Aging Director Holly Davis.
- Mental Health Task Force 2020 Budget Briefing materials:
- 2020 Budget Briefing Agenda
- How the Budget Works handout
- Milwaukee County Elected Officials
- County Exec/ Budget Director presentation
- Milwaukee County Transit System presentation
- Milwaukee County Sheriff presentation
- House of Corrections presentation
- Milwaukee County Health and Human Services presentation
- Milwaukee County Department on Aging presentation
- To share your input on how best to close the projected $28 million gap in Milwaukee County’s 2020 budget, use the County’s Balancing Act Tool. We strongly encourage you to complete the Balancing Act!
- Attend a Budget Open House – see the County web site for details.
- Attend Mental Health Task Force meetings – we will keep you informed on the process and advocacy opportunities.