Briefing on Proposed 2024 Milwaukee County Department Budget Requests
As Submitted to the County Executive
Join us for the August Mental Health Task Force Annual County Budget Briefing on Tuesday, August 8, from 3 – 5 PM. The briefing will feature County Executive David Crowley and department leadership as listed below. This is an important opportunity to get a preview of the proposed budget early in the process, while there is still time to influence the budget.
The meeting will be held at Independence First, 540 S. 1st Street. All speakers plan to attend in person. We will also offer a virtual option via Zoom – but encourage you to attend in person. Please register below to help us with planning.
Our speakers and topics will include the following:
- Welcome (3 – 3:05)
- Mental Health Task Force Co-Chairs, Mary Neubauer and Christine Apple
- Opening Remarks:
- Milwaukee County Executive, David Crowley (3:05 – 3:20)
- Budget and Budget Process: Joe Lamers, Director, Office of Strategy, Budget and Performance (3:20 – 3:40)
- View the Milwaukee County Budget and Budget Process presentation (PDF).
- Milwaukee County Transit System (3:40 – 3:55)
- Tim Hosch, Chief Financial Officer
- Sandy Kellner, Chief Administrative Officer
- View the Milwaukee County Transit System presentation (PDF).
- Milwaukee County Health & Human Services, including Aging & Disability Services;
Behavioral Health; Children, Youth & Families; Housing; & Veterans Services (3:55 – 4:15)
- Shakita LaGrant-McClain, Executive Director
- David Muhammad, Deputy Director
- Matt Fortman, Chief Financial Officer
- View the Milwaukee County Health and Human Services presentation (PDF).
- Milwaukee County Community Reintegration Center (4:15 – 4:30)
- Chantell Jewell, Superintendent
- Michael Bickerstaff, Public Safety Fiscal Administrator
- View the Community Reintegration Center presentation (PDF).
- Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office (4:30 – 4:45)
- Chief Deputy Daniel Hughes
- View the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office presentation (PDF).
- Wrap up, Call to Action and Next Steps – Coalition Leadership (4:45 – 5)
- Mary Neubauer and Christine Apple, MHTF Co-chairs
- Barbara Beckert, MHTF Coordinator – Disability Rights Wisconsin
Meeting materials will be posted on our website as we receive them.
Our meetings are open to all. To register for the meeting, complete the form below. Indicate if you plan to participate in person or by Zoom.
For the safety and comfort of all those with chemical and environmental sensitivities, Independence First requests that attendees please refrain from using any perfumed products such as scented soaps, deodorants, perfumes, colognes, and heavily scented fabric softeners.
ASL interpreters will be provided. To request other disability related accommodations, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. We will do our best to respond to all requests.