Join us for the June Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday, June 13, from 3 – 5 PM via Zoom. The topic for our June meeting is Housing Advocacy Resources. Housing is always a priority for the Mental Health Task Force and this is an especially challenging time to obtain and keep housing.
- View the June 13, 2023 Meeting Agenda here (PDF).
- Learn more about our June 2023 speakers here (PDF).
- View the June 13, 2023 meeting recording via Youtube.
Our agenda will include:
- Welcome – Mary Neubauer & Christine Apple, co-chairs (3 – 3:10)
- Meeting ground rules
- Upcoming meeting will be hybrid; thanks to Independence First for once again hosting Mental Health Task Force meetings, beginning July 11th.
- Volunteers are needed for our Karen Avery Forum planning committee. This year’s forum will focus how to address housing needs. Interested in helping? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Housing Advocacy and Resources: Community Advocates and Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center – Maudwella Kirkendoll, Chief Operating Officer, (3:10 – 3:40)
- Housing Advocacy, Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee – Nick Toman, Managing Attorney, Housing Trust (3:40 – 4:05)
- IMPACT Coordinated Entry – Emily Kenney, LCSW, Director of System Change (4:05 – 4:35)
- Discussion about 2023 Karen Avery Forum to focus on housing – Christine Apple (4:35 – 4:45)
- Policy Updates – State Budget and Milwaukee County Mental Health Board – Barbara Beckert & Mary Neubauer (4:45 – 5)
We will discuss plans for actions to support mental health in the state budget and share updates on the Milwaukee County Behavioral Services proposed budget.
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Services Proposed Budget (PDF)
- State Resources
- Who are my Legislators: Wisconsin Legislative District Viewer. Enter your home address in the “address” field.
- 2023 Joint Committee on Finance (wisconsin.gov) – includes list of members and Budget Exec Hearing information
- Proposed Budget: Improving Mental Health and Crisis Services, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force Public Comments on the State Budget April 2023 (PDF)
- Full Funding for Community Support Programs Letter to Joint Finance (PDF)
- Funding for Room and Board for Medicaid members seeking residential substance use disorder treatment (PDF)
- Speak Out for Mental Health in the State Budget – May 2023 (PDF)
- Mental Health Professional Shortage Area in Wisconsin, by County, 2022
- CRISIS: Lack of Accessible Mental Health Services for People with Hearing Loss (PDF)
Meeting materials will be posted as we receive them.
Housing Advocacy Assistance Resources
- Community Advocates, Milwaukee, WI
- Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center
- Impact, Inc.
- Coordinated Entry, Milwaukee Continuum of Care
- Fair Housing Council
- Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee
- Eviction Free MKE
- Legal Action Wisconsin
- Landlord / Tenant Concerns via Milwaukee Justice Center
- Disability Rights Wisconsin – disability-related housing discrimination
Other Housing Resources
Our meetings are open to all.
To request disability-related accommodations, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. We will do our best to respond to all requests.