Join us for the May Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday, May 9, from 3 – 5 PM via Zoom. Children’s Mental Health Week is May 7 – 13 and our speakers will share perspectives on youth mental health.
Our agenda will include:
- Welcome, Mary Neubauer & Christine Apple, co-chairs (3 -3:05)
- Meeting ground rules
- Thank you to our speakers and co-sponsors for our May 8th event celebrating Mental Health Awareness Month and supporting mental health in the state budget.
- Reminder: MHTF annual membership drive
- Membership Drive Letter
- Children’s Mental Health Week May 7 – 13
- Children, Youth and Family Services – Milwaukee County, Kelly Pethke, Administrator. Milwaukee County Department of Health & Human Services, Children, Youth & Family Services (3:10 – 3:55p)
- Administrator Pethke will address Milwaukee County’s role in supporting youth; what programming, services, and treatment are provided; and the status of programs in Milwaukee County for justice-involved youth, as well as plans to bring youth home from Lincoln Hills and Copper Lake.
- View Administrator Pethke’s presentation here (PDF).
- Resources on this topic:
- Children and Young Adults Services (Milwaukee County Health and Human Services)
- Children’s Long-Term Support: Program Overview (WI Department of Health Services)
- Comprehensive Community Services (WI Department of Health Services)
- Coordinated Services Teams Initiatives (WI Department of Health Services)
- Children’s System of Care (WI Department of Health Services)
- Wisconsin Office of Children’s Mental Health Update, Linda A. Hall, Director, Office of Children’s Mental Health (4:00 – 4:45p)
- Director Hall will share a message for Children’s Mental Health Week including an update on the status of youth mental health in Wisconsin.
- View the Wisconsin Office of Children’s Mental Health Update presentation (PDF).
- Resources on this topic:
- Policy Updates – State Budget and Milwaukee County Mental Health Board, Barbara Beckert & Mary Neubauer (4:45 – 5:00p)
- We will discuss plans for actions to support mental health in the state budget.
- State Budget Resources
- Proposed Budget: Improving Mental Health and Crisis Services, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force Public Comments on the State Budget April 2023 (PDF)
- Full Funding for Community Support Programs Letter to Joint Finance (PDF)
- Funding for Room and Board for Medicaid members seeking residential substance use disorder treatment (PDF)
- Speak Out for Mental Health in the State Budget – May 2023 (PDF)
- Mental Health Professional Shortage Area in Wisconsin, by County, 2022
- CRISIS: Lack of Accessible Mental Health Services for People with Hearing Loss (PDF)
Our meetings are open to all. ASL interpreters will be available at the meeting. To request other disability accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will do our best to respond to all requests.