Please join us for the December Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday, December 13th, from 3 – 5 PM via Zoom.
The meeting will feature leaders from the Mental Health Emergency Center and Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Services providing updates and addressing questions we have identified.
We are also pleased to welcome Matt Lemke who will share his experience as a veteran with peer support, and Dr. Lia Knox, Mental Wellness Expert, Founder & CEO of Knox Behavioral Health Solutions (KBHS) and Co-Founder of the non-profit Black Space Inc who will address mental health wellness during the holiday season.
To request the Zoom link for this meeting, complete the form below.
December 13th Meeting Agenda
View the December 13th Meeting Agenda document here (PDF).
View the December 13th Meeting Recording via Youtube.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks, Mary Neubauer and Christine Apple, co-chairs (3 – 3:05)
- Karen Avery Forum recap; January 10th meeting will feature local responses to supporting families in the child welfare system
- Reminder MHTF Membership drive: 2022-2023 Membership Drive – Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force
- Mental Health Emergency Center Update, Kevin Kluesner, site administrator (3:05 – 3:35)
Administrator Kluesner will provide updates and address questions submitted in advance. The Mental Health Emergency Center opened in September and serves children and adults experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Behavioral Health Services Update including Crisis Services and Inpatient Care, Michael Lappen, Behavioral Health Services Administrator (3:35 – 4)
- Veterans and Peer Support, Matt Lemke (4 – 4:25)
Matt will share his experience as a Veteran with a Spinal Cord Injury and how he navigates peer support.
- Mental Wellness During the Holiday Season, Dr. Lia A. Knox, Mental Wellness Expert, Founder & CEO of Knox Behavioral Health Solutions (KBHS) and Co-Founder of the non-profit Black Space Inc (4:30 – 4:50)
- Brief Policy updates if time permits, Barbara Beckert and Mary Neubauer
Our meetings are open to all. ASL interpreters will be available at the December meeting. To request other disability accommodations, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. We will do our best to respond to all requests.