Please join us for the October Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday, October 11th, from 3 – 5 PM via Zoom. The meeting will feature speakers about Granite Hills Hospital, Market Place Open Enrollment, Equity, and updates on DHS 75 that will impact standards for substance use prevention, intervention, and treatment services. Bring your questions!
- Welcome, Mary Neubauer and Christine Apple, co-chairs
- Granite Hills Update, Jennifer Bergersen, Chief Executive Office, Granite Hills Hospital
- Healthcare.gov Market Place Open Enrollment, Chery Isabell, Milwaukee Community Engagement Lead, Covering Wisconsin
- Life-course and the Invisibility of African American Males, Curtis Marshall, The Marshall Group LLC
- Overview: African American men experience marked disparities in health and wellness starting early in life and persisting through the life course until advanced ages. This talk will offer an overview of life-course and invisibility experiences of African American males important to understanding African American male health.
- Presentation slides: Racism over the Life-course of African American Males
- Bio: Curtis Marshall recently retired as a Public Health Strategist/Consultant for the Wisconsin Division of Public Health. He led strategic partnership development and worked has recently been reassigned as the health equity consultant for the Wisconsin State COVID-19 Response Team. He provided technical assistance, and health equity consultation to local health departments, health consortiums, and a multitude of community-based organizations and national workgroups. Curtis has over twenty-five years of experience of assessing organizational capacity and readiness for leading population-based health improvement strategies. He is recognized as an engaged change leader and continues to support and facilitates healthcare and community partnerships, necessary to make sustainable progress on community health issues.
- DHS 75 Update, Teresa Steinmetz, Bureau Director, Bureau of Prevention, Treatment & Recovery; Division of Care and Treatment Services; Andrea Jacobson, Deputy Bureau Director, Bureau of Prevention, Treatment & Recovery; Division of Care and Treatment Services
DHS 75 sets the minimum standards for substance use prevention, intervention, and treatment services. The revised Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 takes effect October 1, 2022.
- Milwaukee County Budget Concerns / November 8th Election Updates, Barbara Beckert, Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Milwaukee County Budget Concerns
- November 8th Election Updates
- DRW Voter Hotline: call 844-347-8683 or email email@example.com
- Mental Health Task Force Membership Drive Kick off, Kathie Eilers (4:50 – 5)