Please join us for the June 8th meeting of the Mental Health Task Force which will include some exciting updates about peer support. The meeting will be from 3-5pm on Zoom. Meeting materials will be posted on this page as they become available.
View the full MHTF June 8th Meeting Agenda here.
Our agenda will include:
- Update on Peer Support in Wisconsin; Kenya Bright, Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services – Section Chief, Integrated Services Section, Bureau of Prevention, Treatment & Recovery Division of Care and Treatment Services.
- Peer Support Update from Our Space, including Peer Run Respite and other peer delivered services; Jennifer Zuelke (Peer-run Respite) and Melissa Wisniewski (Executive Assistant).
- Mental Health America national staff will provide a policy update; Caren Howard, Director of Policy and Advocacy; Kelly Davis, Associate Vice President of Peer and Youth Advocacy.
- Policy Updates: Milwaukee County BHD budget
- State Updates: state budget and voting bills
- Act Now on Voting Bills That Will Make It Harder for People with Disabilities to Vote: Post Link
Save the date for our annual Karen Avery Forum, Tuesday September 14th. The forum topic will relate to best practices for treatment of substance use disorders, and harm reduction.
If you don’t have the link to join the meeting, please fill out the form below. The meeting link will be sent to your email.