Join us for the December Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday, December 12, from 3 – 5 PM. The December meeting will be held at Independence First, 540 S. 1st Street. We will also offer a virtual option via Zoom – but especially encourage you to attend in-person for planning and networking.
Our agenda will include the following:
- Chief Judge Carl Ashley (3:10 – 3:40)
- Chief Judge Carl Ashley was appointed as Chief Judge of the First Judicial District effective April 15, 2023, by the Supreme Court of Wisconsin. He is the Chair of the Milwaukee Community Justice Council (MCJC). He will provide an update on Milwaukee Community Justice Council and treatment courts.
- View Chief Judge Carl Ashley’s bio here.
- Dr. Lia Knox (3:40 – 4:10)
- Dr. Lia Knox is a Mental Wellness Expert, Founder & CEO of Knox Behavioral Health Solutions (KBHS) and Co-Founder of the non-profit Black Space Inc. Dr. Knox will provide supportive tools and considerations for individuals and families during the holidays.
- Small Group Planning Discussion for 2024 (4:10 – 4:55)
- Steering Committee Member-led small group discussion of priorities and goals for the upcoming year.
Meeting materials will be posted on our website as we receive them.
Save the Dates!
Our January 9th meeting is an important one and will include a strategic planning session based on feedback received in December from members and community participants. In addition to the planning discussion, we plan to have one speaker, the Director of Pets Helping People with a discussion of service animal policies, availability, concerns, and resources.
Our meetings are open to all. To register for the meeting, complete the form on our website. Indicate if you plan to participate in-person at Independence First or by Zoom. You will receive an email response with the Zoom link.
Please Note: To save on printing costs and materials, we will no longer be providing printed material unless requested prior to the in-person meeting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a packet of the any presenter materials.
Chemical Sensitivity Policy
For the safety and comfort of all those with chemical and environmental sensitivities, Independence First requests that attendees please refrain from using any perfumed products such as scented soaps, deodorants, perfumes, colognes, and heavily scented fabric softeners.
ASL interpreters will be provided. To request other disability-related accommodations, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. We will do our best to respond to all requests.