MHTF State Budget Public Comments
Thank you to Mental Health Task Force Steering Committee members Montrèal Cain and Nicole Damiano for speaking at the Waukesha Public Hearing to share highlights of our MHTF budget priorities.
In addition, the Mental Health Task Force submitted comprehensive public comments to the Joint Finance Committee website.
If you can’t attend a hearing, you still have options! See below for options for sharing your comments with the Joint Finance Committee and your legislators. Feel free to use talking points from the Mental Health Task Force Priorities in your comments.
Can’t attend a JFC Public Hearing? You still have options.
- Submit written comments:
- Email: email@example.com
- U.S. Mail to:
Joe Malkasian, Room 305 East, State Capitol, Madison, WI 53702
- Post in the Public Comment Form on JFC website: Joint Committee on Finance Public Comment Website (wisconsin.gov)
- Key points to cover in your comments:
- Your name, where you live, and your job if relevant.
- Introduce your issue and how it impacts you or your family. Include a personal story or example.
- Make your ask – share the budget proposals that matter to you and why. And be sure to say thank you!
- If speaking at hearing, write down what you want to say and bring it with you. Be brief – speakers are limited to 2 – 3 minutes.
- See also Tips for Speaking at a JFC Hearing.
- Information about the budget
- DRW State Budget presentation
- 2023 Joint Committee on Finance list of committee members and committee staff
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Governor Evers Proposed 2023 – 2025 Budget.
- Wisconsin Department of Administration: 2023-25 Executive Budget proposed by Governor Evers
- Who Are My Legislators – enter your home address in the “Find Your Legislator” box