Join us for the March Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday, March 14th, from 3 – 5 PM via Zoom.
We will hear the latest about community and crisis mental health services in Milwaukee County, and also learn about the proposed state budget including mental health services, special education and school based mental health, long term care, corrections, transportation, and more. Join us for these important updates!
Meeting materials will be posted on this page as they become available. Complete the form below to request the zoom link.
- Welcome, Mary Neubauer & Christine Apple, co-chairs
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Community and Crisis Services
- View the Summary of Community Services presentation (PDF).
- View the 2022 BHS Community Crisis Dashboard (PDF).
- View the BHS Access Clinic Overview (PDF).
- Jennifer Wittwer, Director of the Community Access to Recovery Services
- Kenneth Cole, Psy.D., Director of Outpatient Treatment
- Lauren Hubbard RN, Director of Community Crisis Services
- Wisconsin’s State Budget: What’s in the Budget and How You Can Make a Difference (3:55 – 4:50)
- View the State Budget presentation (PDF).
- Barbara Beckert, Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Phyllis Greenberger, Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Gynger Steele, Wisconsin DHS Division of Care and Treatment Services Administrator
- Holly Audley, Wisconsin DHS Division of Care and Treatment Services Assistant Administrator
April 4th Election
April 4th is a very important election in Wisconsin. You will vote for a State Supreme Court Justice who will serve for ten years, vote on a constitutional amendment and advisory referendum, and important local elections. The new justice may have the deciding vote on cases impacting on the rights of people with mental illness, voting rights, redistricting, and much more.
Make your plan to vote on April 4. If you work for an organization, ask your clients if they need help to register to vote or request an absentee ballot.
Disability Rights Wisconsin Voter Hotline: 844-347-8683 or email email@example.com
- MyVote Wisconsin
- Voter Toolkit – 2023 Elections – Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition
- Make Your Plan to Vote 2023 – English version (accessible PDF)
- Vote 411 Wisconsin: Voter information from the League of Women Voters, including candidate information
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Fact Sheet
- 2023 Wisconsin Supreme Court Race Non-partisan Voters Guide
- Information about the constitutional amendment and advisory referendum
Our meetings are open to all. ASL interpreters will be available at the meeting. To request other disability accommodations, please email Barbara Beckert as soon as possible. We will do our best to respond to all requests.