Please join us for the July Mental Health Task Force meeting on Tuesday, July 12th, from 3 – 5 PM via Zoom. Our agenda will include an overview of the new Mental Health Emergency Center from the center administrator. We will also hear about youth in the justice system with a focus on youth with mental health concerns; what programming, services and treatment are provided, what are the gaps, and what is the future of the youth justice system.
To request the Zoom link, complete the form below.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks, Mary Neubauer and Christine Apple, co-chairs
- Kevin Kluesner, site administrator, Mental Health Emergency Center, Administrator Kluesner will provide an overview of the new Mental Health Emergency Center which is scheduled to open in September, and will serve children and adults experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Kelly Pethke, Interim Administrator, DHHS – Children, Youth and Family Services, Administrator Pethke will update us on what is happening in Milwaukee with youth in the justice system, Milwaukee County’s role; what programming, services, and treatment are provided; and the status of plans to bring youth home from Lincoln Hills and Copper Lake.
- MHTF Volunteer Opportunities, Christine Apple Co-chair
- Policy Updates: Mental Health Board, State policy and budget, and 2022 Elections, Mary Neubauer – MNHT CO-chair, and Mental Health Board member, Barbara Beckert Disability Rights Wisconsin.
- Robin Dorman, Regional Attorney Manager – State Public Defender Office, Attorney Dorman will address the issue of youth with emotional or mental health disabilities who are in the justice system, what is happening to them, any concerns or recommendations for changes, and what services and treatment are available for youth (or should be).
Save the Date
- Wisconsin Partisan Primary: August 9, 2022
Register to vote, request an absentee ballot, see your ballot, or check your polling place at: MyVote Wisconsin
- Tuesday August 16th at 3 – 5 PM via Zoom
Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force annual budget briefing: 2023 Milwaukee County Department Budget Requests as Submitted to the County Executive.
The briefing will feature special guest County Executive David Crowley, and department leadership.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 3 – 5 via Zoom
Mental Health Task Force September meeting
Speakers will include Jennifer Bergersen, MSW, CAPSW | Chief Executive Officer, Granite Hills Hospital.
Our meetings are open to all. ASL interpreters will be available at the July meeting. To request other disability accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will do our best to respond to all requests.
To request a meeting link, complete this form below: