Join the Mental Health Task Force for:
The Intersection Between Mental Health and Human Trafficking.
Tuesday, June 14th 3 – 4:30 PM
Sponsored by the Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force and Milwaukee Turners
Content warning: This panel will discuss issues related to human trafficking and other forms of abuse. The organizers encourage attendees who may be sensitive to these elements to care for their safety and well-being.
Human trafficking violates our basic human right to live free from slavery or servitude and to be treated with dignity and respect. Trafficking is a significant problem in our community. Our panel of Milwaukee advocates will address the intersection of mental health and human trafficking and share resources and recommendations for action to combat human trafficking and support victims and survivors.
- Malia Chow, HIR Wellness Institute, Community Healer and Advocate
- Melinda Hughes, The Benedict Center, Inc. Director of Programs and Operations
- Erika J. Petty, Lotus Legal Clinic, Executive Director and Lead Attorney
- Dana World-Patterson, Human Trafficking Task Force of Greater Milwaukee, Chairperson; Foundations for Freedom, Inc. Founder and Executive Director
- Pam Malin, Disability Rights Wisconsin, Victim Advocacy Program, Victim Advocacy Specialist, Healthy and Safe Relationship Project Coordinator
Moderated by Emilio De Torres, Executive Director, Milwaukee Turners
Background Material from Our Panel Members
- From the Benedict Center, Melinda Hughes (PDF)
- From Disability Rights Wisconsin, Pam Malin (PDF)
- From Lotus Legal Clinic, Erika J. Petty (PDF)
After registering you will receive a confirmation email with a link.
To request disability related accommodations, including ASL interpreters, include your request on your registration. Please make your request as soon as possible; we will do our best to fill all requests. ASL interpreters and captioning will be provided.