Time: Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 12:00p -1:30p
Sponsored by the Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force and Milwaukee Turners.
This is the second session in a series of Zoom forums on the way that people with mental illness encounter the court system. This session will address what happens if someone with chronic mental illness is booked into jail and faces criminal charges. If charged, what happens if competency is an issue?
The event has concluded and registration is now closed. A recording of the forum is available via Facebook here.
- Aaron Dobson, Milwaukee County Jail Commander
- Nicole Coyne, Program Director of Justice Point
- Claire Starling, Milwaukee County District Attorney
- Paige Styler and Dawn Rablin, State Public Defenders Office
- Paige Styler, Dawn Rablin, and Tom Reed, State Public Defenders Office
Examinations/Treatment to Competency:
- Adam Oldenburg, State Court Liaison of Wisconsin Community Services, Inc.
- Beth Dodsworth, Bureau Director of Community Forensic Services State of Wisconsin
Moderated by: Emilio Turner, Executive Director Milwaukee Turners
To request disability related accommodations, including ASL interpreters, include your request on your registration. Please make your request as soon as possible; we will do our best to fill all requests. ASL interpreters and captioning will be provided.