The 2021 – 2023 State Budget has been released. To learn more about it, read the following resources below:
- View the presentation for the State Budget Training for Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force here (rev. March 9, 2021).
- View the 2021-2023 Executive Budget in Brief here.
- View the full Budget Bill (SB 111) here.
- Register and attend Governor Evers Budget Bounceback Sessions here. Registration is required.
Joint Finance Committee Budget Hearings
The Wisconsin Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee will be holding in-person public hearings on the 2021-23 state budget as well as one virtual hearing.
The hearing schedule includes:
- Friday, April 9, 2021: UW-Whitewater, Whitewater, WI
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021: The Hodag Dome, Rhinelander, WI
- Thursday, April 22, 2021: UW-Stout, Menomonie, WI
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021: Virtual
The public hearings will begin at 10 am and conclude at 5 pm. The format will be similar to past hearings. Management at each of the venues will monitor capacity. Those wishing to testify at the virtual hearing will be required to register in advance, details to come on the registration process.
A portal is available for individuals to provide input on the Joint Finance Committee Budget Comment website as well as an email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mental Health Task Force will continue to post budget resources on our website and will provide suggestions for preparing your testimony.
Share your budget priorities with state legislators:
To get contact information for your state Senator and Representative:
- “Who Are My Legislators?” on Wisconsin State Legislature Home Page
- Call the Legislative Hotline at 1-800-362-9472
To contact members of the state budget committee, find their information on the Joint Committee on Finance website here.