The State Disaster Medical Advisory Committee (SDMAC) Vaccine Subcommittee has developed recommendations for the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to consider regarding which groups should be given priority in the next phase of vaccine distribution, which is referred to as 1b prioritization. The draft of the recommendations are available at this link, Wisconsin Public Meeting Notices and Minutes – Department of Administration.
Click here for an accessible PDF of the SDMAC Vaccine Subcommittee recommendations for 1b Prioritization.
I have listed below some of the groups that the Advisory Committee recommended to be prioritized in the 1b distribution. If you agree with these recommendations, this is an important time to submit your comments in support.
Some of the groups prioritized by the Advisory Committee include:
- People above 70 years of age.
- IRIS and family Care recipients.
- Facility staff and residents of congregate settings. See the details in the definition. The definition includes housing serving those with age or disability, shelters, transitional housing, and incarcerated individuals, and those in mental health institutes. (the current language does not specify state and county mental health facilities, but that could be suggested in public comment).
- Public facing essential workers (listed in the document).
TAKE ACTION NOW
The recommendations are out now for public comment.
- Submit your comments to DHSSDMAC@dhs.wisconsin.gov.
- Include “vaccine subcommittee” and “Phase 1B” in the email subject line.
- The public comment period will close at 4:00 p.m. on Monday, January 18, 2021.