Please join us for the January meeting of the Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force, Tuesday, January 12th at 3 PM. We value your participation and partnership. Scroll down to request the Zoom link.
To follow up on our October 2020 forum on Housing, we are including education about housing resources and rights at several 2021 meetings.
Our January agenda will include the following:
- Superintendent Chantell Jewell, Milwaukee County House of Correction.
- Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center: Deb Heffner, Community Advocates and Joanne Lipo Zovic, Mediate Milwaukee. Kristi Luzar, UEDA, will also be in attendance to answer questions.
- Presentation: Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center
- Flyer: Need Help Paying Rent to Avoid Eviction? Info Sheet
- Rental Housing Resource Center: https://www.renthelpmke.org/
- Community Advocates: https://communityadvocates.net/
- Mediate Milwaukee: https://www.mediatewisconsin.org/
- Mental Health Board Update: Mary Neubauer, MHTF co-chair and rep on the Milwaukee County Mental Health Board and Shirley Drake, newly appointed MH Board member will update us on the Milwaukee County Mental Health Board.
- Public Policy Update: Update on state legislature leadership and committees, state budget, and Mental Health Task Force priorities, Barbara Beckert, DRW/ MHTF Coordinator.
- Who Are My Legislators – update contact information for your State Legislators.
- Letter to State Disaster Medical Advisory Committee: Vaccine Subcommittee, with Mental Health Task Force sign-on.
- Link to information about the State Disaster Medical Advisory Committee on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services site.
- Action Alert: Mental Health Treatment Court.
- Planning for 2021 – We invite your input on speakers and topics for the new year.
- ASL Interpreters will be available. If you use an ASL interpreter or have other disability related accommodation needs, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be responsive to your needs.
- Meeting materials will be posted on the Mental Health Task Force website prior to the meeting.
- Reminder: MHTF Membership drive: A reminder that we welcome and need your support for our annual membership drive. Your support is vital to the work of the Task Force. Thank you to those who have already responded. Click here for membership materials.
Save the Dates
- January 12, 2021, at 7:00 PM: Governor Evers State of the State Address.
- January 28, 2021, at 4:30 PM: Milwaukee County Mental Health Board meeting with public input.
- February 1, 2021, at 6:00 PM: DRW Mental Health Advocacy Assistance: Information and Input. Virtual event. Register at http://www.drwi.org/pac-event.
- February 9, 2021, Mental Health Task Force Meeting: Featured topic will be Existing and Emerging Models of Crisis Response. Our speaker will be Amy C Watson, PhD, Professor, Helen Bader School of Social Welfare. Here is a short bio from Dr. Watson: My work over the past 20 years has focused on the intersection of the criminal justice and mental health systems-including mental health courts, re-entry programs, and police response to mental health crisis. I have conducted several federally funded studies of the Crisis Intervention Team model and have examined various models of crisis response. I served on the compliance team for the City of Portland (OR) settlement agreement with the United States Department of Justice and the Mayor’s Mental Health Steering Committee (Chicago). I currently serve as the President of the CIT International Board of Directors.
- February 16, 2021, at 7:00 PM: Governor Evers Budget Address.