Please join us for the June meeting of the Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force, Tuesday, June 9th, from 3 – 5:00 PM. We value your participation and partnership. This is a virtual meeting via Zoom.
June 9th agenda items will include:
- Opening remarks, including tribute to Jeanne Lowry
- Reflections from Pastor Walter J. Lanier
- At this difficult time, we are thankful to Pastor Lanier for sharing reflections. Pastor Lanier serves as the Community Member Representative for the CJC Executive Committee, is a member of the Mental Health Board, is a leader of the MIRACLE Mental Health Network, and serves as Pastor of Progressive Baptist Church.
- Update from Milwaukee County Health and Human Services (DHHS), Shakita LaGrant McClain, Interim Director Milwaukee County Department of Health and Human Services. DHHS includes Behavioral Health Division, Disabilities Services, Housing, and Youth and Family Services.
- Milwaukee County Disability Benefit Specialist Program, Amos Besaw, Disability Benefit Specialist (DBS). The DBS program provides information on public and private benefits for individuals ages 18-59 with disabilities, including mental health needs. The Disability Benefit Specialist can assist individuals to obtain or retain benefits.
- New Community Options for Substance Abuse Treatment, Heather Martens, Psy.D.
- Mental Health Task Force Updates, Barbara Beckert, MHTF Coordinator, Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Support the Mental Health Task Force membership drive
- MHTF annual survey on Milwaukee County Budget Priorities
- Save the Date: Our September 8th Karen Avery Forum will focus on housing.
- August 11 / November 3 election: Campaign to Support Absentee Voting.
- Mental Health Board update, Mary Neubauer, MHTF Cochair & MHTF representative on Mental Health Board, MHA Wisconsin
Note: The update from Shelah Adams National Director of Behavioral Integration from Universal Health Services, Inc was delayed at her request due to a scheduling conflict. We are working with Shelah to reschedule.
ASL Interpreters will be available.
If you use an ASL interpreter or have other disability related accommodation needs, please email me at email@example.com so we can be responsive to your needs.
- MHTF Agenda 6 9 2020
- 2021-23 Governor’s Budget Letter to Agencies 06052020
- BHD 2021 budget – Item 26
- BHD Budget Amendment Template
- MAT referral information for STJ
- Recommendations from African American Roundtable
- Milwaukee County Disability Resource Center
- Disability Benefit Specialist brochure
- Reminder: Complete BHD Budget Priorities Survey by June 11 COB
- BHD 2021 Budget Update
MHTF 2020-21 Membership Materials
How to Join the Meeting
If you need the link or dial in number to join the meeting, please fill out this form to request it. The info will be sent the email address you provide. Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not receive an email. If you have any difficulties, contact Barbara Beckert at Barbara.Beckert@drwi.org prior to the meeting: