Meeting materials from the October 2019 Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force meeting:
Note: We do our best to ensure that the materials MHTF produces are accessible, but we are not always able to verify accessibility for all materials provided to us prior to posting. If you are unable to read a document posted here due to accessibility issues, please contact email@example.com. We will do our best to fix any accessibility problems you are experiencing.
Welcome and Introductions
Robin Pedersen & Mary Neubauer, Co-chairs
- Last chance to submit information for MHTF Directory and membership information
- Join us on November 12th for our 2019 Karen Avery Forum Pathways to Employment. Space is limited – please register now!
- Nominations are invited for the 2019 Karen Avery Award and our new Rising Leader Award. (see packet)
- Other upcoming meeting topics are listed below.
Milwaukee County Services for Children with mental illness and other disabilities
Shakita LaGrant, Assistant Administrator Disability Services
Brian McBride, Director BHD Children’s Community Services
Update on integrating children’s services provided by Milwaukee County Disability Services and BHD WRAP
- BHD-DSD Integration Letter 7-2019
- BHD Wraparound Milwaukee Organizational Chart
- Note: Here is information about the Katie Becket Program, which provides access to Medicaid for some children with long term disabilities or special health care needs.
Changes to BadgerCarePlus: Briefing on the BadgerCarePlus Reform Waiver Eligibility Requirements
Nicholas Di Meo, MPH, Southeast Wisconsin Medicaid Policy Advisor, Department of Health Services, Office of the Secretary
Redesign of Milwaukee County’s Psychiatric Crisis System
Mike Lappen, Administrator Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division
Update and addressing questions re: Crisis Redesign from the Mental Health Task Force
Mary Neubauer, Co-chair/ MHA WI
Barbara Beckert, DRW/ MHTF Coordinator
- Milwaukee County Budget/ State policy update, Barbara Beckert, Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Mental Health Board update, Mary Neubauer, MHTF Co-chair and Mental Health Board member
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- November 12th: 2019 Karen Avery Forum: Pathways to Employment, November 12, 2019, 2 – 5:30 PM, IndependenceFirst. Sign in and registration from 1:30 – 1:55. Forum starts promptly at 2:00.
- December 10th Mental Health Task Force meeting: Special guest speaker Milwaukee County Sheriff Earnell Lucas
- Membership: Thanks to everyone who has submitted their Mental Health Task Force membership form and check. If you forgot, there is still time –membership materials are available here.