Meeting materials from the April 2019 Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force meeting:
Note: We do our best to ensure that the materials MHTF produces are accessible, but we are not always able to verify accessibility for all materials provided to us prior to posting. If you are unable to read a document posted here due to accessibility issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to fix any accessibility problems you are experiencing.
4-9-19 printable agenda
The April 9, 2019 Mental Health Task Force meeting included an update on the State Budget, as well as presentations on Milwaukee’s Hmong Community and Peer Delivered Services. We thank our speakers for a very informative meeting. Here is the meeting agenda.
Welcome and Introductions
Mary Neubauer & Jeanne Lowry, Co-chairs
- Steering Committee Openings: Advocate, At Large, Family Member
- April 29th Forum “Re-imagining Justice for People with Mental Illness” Space is limited – registration is required.
State Budget Update and Advocacy
- April 10 Joint Finance Committee Budget Hearing: 10 Am – 5 PM in Oak Creek
- MHTF Budget Priorities and Tips
- Advocacy Opportunities
A Perspective on Milwaukee’s Hmong Community
May Yer Thao, Wisconsin United Coalition of Mutual Assistance Association Board President, Executive Director at Hmong Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce
Introduced by Pardeep Singh Kaleka, MHTF Diversity Committee Co-chair
- MMHTF_ Hmong Cultural Competency Training
- Hmong Mental Health and AODA Report
- Hmong American Community Certificate Program
- Building Partnerships_Hmong
- Community of Contrasts pic-aajc-report-2012
Peer Delivered Services – Where Are We Now, Where Are We Going?
Shirley Drake, Supervisor, Office of Consumer Affairs – Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division
Marie Perry, Supervisor CLASP Program/ Peer Specialist and Trainer
Mary Neubauer & Barbara Beckert
- Crisis Redesign – Results of our Survey
- Mental Health Board Updates. Next meeting is April 25, 8 AM at Zoofari Conference Center