Meeting materials from the May 2019 Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force meeting:
Note: We do our best to ensure that the materials MHTF produces are accessible, but we are not always able to verify accessibility for all materials provided to us prior to posting. If you are unable to read a document posted here due to accessibility issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to fix any accessibility problems you are experiencing.
The May 14, 2019 Mental Health Task Force meeting included presentations on Peer Run Respite and medical and mental health services at the Milwaukee County Jail and House of Corrections. There was also a debrief on the recent MHTF Forum, Re-imagining Justice for Wisconsinites with Mental Illness, and policy updates on the State Budget and Milwaukee County budget. We thank all of our speakers for a very informative meeting. Here is the meeting agenda.
Welcome and Introductions
Mary Neubauer & Robin Pedersen, Co-chairs
- Reminder: Steering Committee Openings: Advocate, At Large, Family Member
- June 11th meeting
Peer Run Respite
- Parachute House, Jennifer Buer, Brittany Ericson, Jessica Burns – Certified Peer Specialists – Our Space
- Peer Run Respite for Veterans, the first in the nation. Brian Michel, Director of Prevention Services, Mental Health America of WI
Medical and mental health services at the Milwaukee County Jail and House of Corrections
Anne Berleman Kearney, Deputy Corporation Counsel and Attorney Pete Koneazny, Legal Aid Society
Milwaukee County recently approved a two-year contract with Wellpath to provide medical, dental and mental health services at the Jail and House of Correction.
Debrief on MHTF Forum Re-imagining Justice for Wisconsinites with Mental Illness: Report out on our forum and next steps
Patricia Obletz and Christine Apple, planning committee
Mary Neubauer & Barbara Beckert
- State Budget and Medicaid Expansion
- Milwaukee County Budget/ Mental Health Board Updates. Save the date for Public Comments on the budget
Save the Date for our June 11th meeting
- Jon Lehrmann will give us an overview of the Child Psychiatry Consultation Program and discuss strategies to address the shortage of psychiatrists
- Presentation on the All of Us Research Program, Dr. Jeff Whittle, Program Director