Nominations are requested for the 2020 Karen Avery Award and the Marie C. Perry Award. This is a meaningful way to recognize the important work taking place in our community. Please consider submitting a nomination. Nominations are due by September 11th. The awards will be presented at the Karen Avery Forum on October 13th.
Please support the Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force annual membership drive. We need your support to sustain our important work – please join or renew your membership. Your membership will support our work as a positive force for systems change, cover a portion of staff costs to coordinate the task force, and ensure our programs are open to all. We welcome organizational members as well as “community supporters” – individuals who want to support the task force. Please return the membership form with your check by July 31, 2020.
Questions? Contact Barbara Beckert at email@example.com or 414-773-4646.
The Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force Steering Committee has two openings: for an advocate and an at-large member. We invite Mental Health Task Force members to consider applying for this leadership position.
Service on the Steering Committee is a leadership role and requires some previous participation in the Mental Health Task Force and a commitment to the values and policy priorities advanced by the Task Force. See the application form for details on expectations for serving.
To be considered for the open positions, you may self-nominate. You may also nominate someone else, however, please check with them first, and ask them to also complete and submit the nomination form.
- Submit nominations by end of business April 30 to Barbara Beckert, MHTF Coordinator.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Call 414-292-2724.
- Nominees should plan to participate in the May 12th Task Force meeting to speak briefly about their interest in serving.
If you want to learn more about serving on the MHTF Steering committee, please feel free to reach out to our current members. We are so grateful to them for giving of them time and talents. They include the following:
Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force Steering Committee:
- Mary Neubauer and Christine Apple, co-chairs
- Shirley Drake
- Chyra Trost
- John Clayton
- Sue Gadacz
- Heather Martens
- Tom Reed
- Pardeep Kaleka
- Patricia Obletz
- Robin Pedersen
- Todd Scharrer
- Barbee Sorensen
- Christine Apple
- Sara Morgan
- Tim McGuire
- Barbara Beckert, Coordinator
Materials from the November 2019 Karen Avery Forum:
Note: We do our best to ensure that the materials MHTF produces are accessible, but we are not always able to verify accessibility for all materials provided to us prior to posting. If you are unable to read a document posted here due to accessibility issues, please contact email@example.com. We will do our best to fix any accessibility problems you are experiencing.
MMHTF Members and Steering Committee
- Karen Avery and Rising Leader Award Recipients
- Karen Avery Award: Presented to Mary Neubauer by Denise Johnson, 2019 Karen Avery Award Recipient
- Rising Leader Award: Presented to Marie Perry by Mary Neubauer, Co-chair
- Outstanding Achievement Award Recipients
- Honorees include: Deputy District Attorney Jeffrey Altenburg, Deputy Public Defender Regional Attorney Manager Paige Styler, Assistant District Attorney Kelly Hedge and SPD Attorney Manager Dawn Rablin
Work as Recovery
Dani Rischall, LCSW – Executive Director, Chrysalis
Employment and Benefits Counseling
Lauren Grudzinski, Benefits Specialist, WIPA Project, IndependenceFirst
Monica Murphy, Managing Attorney School and Civil Rights, Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Employment Rights under the ADA Presentation
- DRW Employment Workbook – November 2019
- Accommodation Ideas from the Job Accommodation Network
Additional Employment Resources (list in formation)
Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force general meetings are held monthly on the second Tuesday of each month from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at IndependenceFirst located at 540 S. 1st Street, Milwaukee, WI (414) 291-7520. Please respect the request to attend the meeting fragrance free.
The meetings are open to the public and involvement is encouraged from all sectors of our community.