Here are the presentations that were shown at the March 13th Mental Health Task Force monthly meeting:
Events & Meetings
Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force general meetings are held monthly on the second Tuesday of each month from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at IndependenceFirst located at 540 S. 1st Street, Milwaukee, WI (414) 291-7520. Please respect the request to attend the meeting fragrance free.
The meetings are open to the public and involvement is encouraged from all sectors of our community.
March 13th, 2018
April 10th, 2018
May 8th, 2018
June 12th, 2018
Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force invites you to our 2017 Forum:
Building Bridges Towards Authentic Inclusion
Structural Racism & Implicit Bias, Microaggressions: meaning and next steps
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
IndependenceFirst, 540 S. 1st St.
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Registration, refreshments & networking
12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Program & presentation of the 4th Annual Karen Avery Award to Shel Gross
Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force
In partnership with Make It Work Milwaukee Coalition
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
IndependenceFirst, 540 S. 1st St., 3 PM – 5 PM
The budget briefing will be followed by a short business meeting of the Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force, including a discussion of 2018 County Budget priorities– all are welcome
-To request disability related accommodations, please contact Elise at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25.
-Environmental/Chemical Sensitivities: For the safety and comfort of those with chemical sensitivities, IndependenceFirst requests that people visiting our agency, refrain from using any perfumed products and not smoke near the building.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE: Members of the Milwaukee County Mental Health Board (MHB) may attend this meeting to participate or gather information. Therefore, notice is hereby given that this meeting may constitute a meeting of the MHB and/or a meeting of one or more of the MHB’s committees, although no action will be taken at this meeting by the MHB or any of its other committees.
These are the materials from the August 8th briefing on proposed county budget requests:
Budget Advocacy Resources
- Milwaukee County Budget Process Overview & timeline
- Milwaukee County Elected Officials August 2017
- Budget Staff assignments
Department Presentations on 2018 Budget Requests
- 2018 Budget Briefing Agenda
- 2018 DHHS Requested Budget
- 2018 Aging Budget Briefing final
- 2018 MCTS Proposed Budget Summary
- 2018 BHD budget request
- Kreklow MHTF Presentation 080817
- Milwaukee County Department Budget Requests are posted online at http://county.milwaukee.gov/PSB/County-Budget.htm We encourage you to review these requests as background to inform your advocacy.
- Use the “Balancing Act” to try your hand at designing a budget for Milwaukee County: http://county.milwaukee.gov/BalancingAct