Meeting materials from the September 2019 Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force meeting:
Note: We do our best to ensure that the materials MHTF produces are accessible, but we are not always able to verify accessibility for all materials provided to us prior to posting. If you are unable to read a document posted here due to accessibility issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to fix any accessibility problems you are experiencing.
Welcome and Introductions
Robin Pedersen & Mary Neubauer, Co-chairs
- Thank You and Reminder- 2019 MHTF membership campaign
- Save the date for our 2019 Karen Avery Forum Pathways to Employment scheduled for November 12th.
- Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition Voter Registration Postcards (Barbara Beckert)
Milwaukee County’s Psychiatric Crisis System: What’s Ahead with Redesign and Who’s at the Table?
Behavioral Health Division Systems Improvement Agreement w/ CMS
Mike Lappen, Administrator Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division
- Background on SIA
- BHD SIA
- Mental Health Board Update on Psychiatric Crisis Redesign
- Wipfli Presentation on Psychiatric Crisis Redesign
- Questions from MHTF re: Crisis Redesign
Mass Violence: Where Do We Go From Here?
Pardeep Singh Kaleka, LPC-IT, Director, Interfaith Conference of Greater Milwaukee
Darryl Morin, President, Forward Latino
- 80 Percent Coalition Presentation
- National Coalition for Mental Health Recovery Statement
- APA President Statement in response to Mass Shootings in Texas
- Resources re: Mass Violence and Trauma
The Next Step Clinic
Leah Jepson, Project Director, Milwaukee Coalition for Children’s Mental Health (CCMH)- Mental Health America of Wisconsin
Amy Van Hecke, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology – Marquette University
Mary Neubauer, Co-chair/ MHA WI
Barbara Beckert, DRW/ MHTF Coordinator
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- October 8 Mental Health Task Force meeting:
- Presentation on the BadgerCarePlus Reform Waiver Eligibility Requirements, Maziel Gomez and Nick De Meo
- Overview of Dept. of Health Services project to integrate children’s services provided by Milwaukee County Disability Services and BHD WRAP
- November 12th: Save the Date for our Annual Karen Avery Forum: Pathways to Employment, November 12, 2019, 2 – 5:30 PM, IndependenceFirst
- December 10th Mental Health Task Force meeting: Special guest speaker Milwaukee County Sheriff Earnell Lucas
- Membership: Thanks to everyone who has submitted their Mental Health Task Force membership form and check. If you forgot, there is still time –membership materials are available here.